Bill Browder is the founder and CEO of Hermitage Capital, which was the largest investor in Russia for a number of years. More recently he has been spearheading a campaign to expose Russia’s corruption and human rights abuses. His efforts led to the passing of the Magnitsky Act in 2012. He is the author of Red Notice: A True Story of High Finance, Murder, and One Man’s Fight for Justice.
Some interesting insights from this episode:
- Learn how he became the largest investor in Russia and one of the top performing investment funds in the world.
- If you follow your passion before there’s any real business opportunity, the profits will eventually follow.
- He had an epiphany one day that if his grandfather was once the biggest communist in America, Bill would become the biggest capitalist in Eastern Europe.
- Hear about the trade of the century that would help propel his fund from $100 million to over $4 billion.
- Learn how the Russian police stole his corporation and then committed the biggest tax refund fraud in the history of Russia.
- Learn how he sought justice for his friend Segey Magnitsky, who was tortured and murdered by the Russians, through the passage of the Magnitsky Act.
- “Excellence is about rolling up your sleeves, putting in the time and constantly working at getting better in yourself at every step of the way.”