Jeb is one of the world’s best known BASE-jumpers and wingsuit pilots. He has made more than 1,000 jumps including the Eiffel Tower, the Golden Gate Bridge and Angel falls to name a few. He is featured in a documentary called Fearless: The Jeb Corliss Story.
Some interesting insights from this episode:
- Learn how he was diagnosed with counterphobia at an early age which made him want to confront his fears head on.
- “The only limits on you are the ones you place upon yourself.”
- Base-jumping saved him from a life of depression. It was the first time he truly felt happy.
- Getting over fear is like building muscle. You have to slowly build up a tolerance for fear so you can eventually do terrifying things.
- Hear about one of the most terrifying jumps he’s ever done.
- Hear how he was able to survive an “unsurvivable” crash.
- It took years of suffering following a near-death accident to one day allow him to derive more pleasure from the simple things in life than jumping off any mountain.