Terry Fator is a ventriloquist, impressionist, stand-up comedian, and singer. He won season 2 of America’s Got Talent in 2007 and has performing his award winning show at the Mirage in Las Vegas ever since.
Some interesting insights from this episode:
- Learn how Terry went from performing small shows town by town, fair by fair to having a $100 million act performing at the Mirage in Vegas.
- He is a rare talent able to combine ventriloquism, comedy, impressions, and singing all into one incredible act.
- Having ADHD enabled his talent as a ventriloquist as he was able to split his brain into multiple personalities.
- Happiness is a choice.
- What’s behind his incredible success? It’s never being satisfied and always striving to make the next performance better than the last.
- “The human ability to be creative and have ingenuity is limitless.”
- “If a door opens and you’re not ready to go through, that’s on you.”
- If you’re not happy now, you’re not going to be happy when you’re rich and famous.
- “Excellence is doing something that makes us feel that we’re doing it at the best possible capacity that we could be doing it at.”